Type of Questions:
– The exam contains Multiple Choice Questions and Numerical Answer Type Questions.
– The MCQs carry 1 or 2 marks across all sections of the paper.
– The Numerical Answer Type questions also carry either 1 or 2 marks at the most.
– These are termed as NAT questions since the answer is a real number which has to be entered with the help of a mouse or a visual keyboard by the candidate.
– The answer can be 3, 7 , 21, or a decimal number such as 2.1.
– There are no choices provided for such type of questions.
Computer Science stream: – This paper contains 65 questions in total which carry 100 marks.
– Engineering Mathematics (15 marks), General Aptitude (15 marks), and Subject-specific section (70 marks).
Topic-wise analysis of the 2018 GATE Computer Science Exam:
[table id=2 /]
Detailed summary of the Computer Science (GATE 2018) Exam:
[table id=3 /]
Most of the questions were based on the concepts. 50% of the core subject questions were Easy, 30% were intermediate and 20% were difficult.
The results for the 2018 GATE exam are available online since March 17th, 2018.