For those of you who dream of higher education in India in engineering, GATE should be the buzz word!
So, Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) essentially examines the aptitude of engineering graduates/students with simple problems and applying engineering concepts to solve them. So, GATE 2018 aspirants have to develop the ability to solve conceptual and practical problems
Every year, the notification for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is released in August. Also, you have to apply only online. If you are interested to take the exam, you can interact with GATE office through an online interface – GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS). So, through GOAPS, you can register online and pay application fee either via online or offline mode.
Details of GATE 2018 registration is given below:
- All the candidates have to apply online only.
- It has been started from the 1st September 2017.
- The registration will be done till the 5th October 2017.
- Also, the authority will provide a period of approximately one month for the application process.
- Aspirants have to fill the application form through GOAPS.
- Candidates have to register as a “New User”.
- After successful registration, they will get the access to GOAPS.
- Thereafter, they are required to login using GOAPS Enrollment ID and GOAPS Password.
- While filling the application form, students need to upload scanned photograph, signature, degree certificate or category certificate.
- International candidates are also eligible to apply.
- It will be conducted in Bangladesh, Ethipoia, Nepal, Singapore, Sri Lanka and United Arab Emirates.
- Application procedure for international candidates is same as Indians.
- International candidates must possess a valid passport to apply.
- GATE 2018 exam dates are 3rd, 4th February & 10th, 11th February 2018
(Forenoon: 9:00 AM to 12:00 Noon)
(Afternoon: 2:00 PM to 5:00 PM)
- Candidates can pay the application fee via Net banking, debit card or e-challan. GATE 2018 registration fee details is given below:
- Women candidates Rs.750/-
- SC/ST/PwD Candidates Rs.750/-
- All other candidates Rs.1500/-
- GATE International candidates $50
- Also, minor modifications will be permitted in the GATE 2018 application form. It will be allowed only after the submission of application form. In case, if any mistake has committed by the candidate in application then, he/she has to sent an email subjecting “Correction in data (Enrollment Number)” along with the document proof.
GATE 2018 Corrections/Modifications will be granted in the following field:
- Name of Candidate
- Name of Parent/Guardian
- Status from Gen to OBC and OBC to General
- Have you graduated in the above degree?
- Year of Qualification Degree
So, the GATE score of a candidate reflects the relative performance level of a candidate.So, the score is used for admissions to various post-graduate education programs in Indian higher education institutes, with financial assistance provided by MHRD and other government agencies.
Recently, GATE scores are also being used by several Indian public sector undertaking for recruiting graduate engineers in entry-level positions. It is one of the most competitive examinations in India.
So, candidates preparing for the exam should initiate their preparations from the day as the competition is getting tougher with every passing year, so avoid wasting time.
Can i prepare for gate exam from 1 st year also