After understanding the whole concept of GATE in detail, we focus upon the upcoming GATE 2018 examination:
The GATE 2018 will be held by IIT Guwahati
GATE 2018 Exam Dates and other important dates:
|Sr.No||Activity||Important Dates for GATE 2018||Day|
|1.||Online application process starts from||1st September 2017||Thursday|
|2.||Last Date for submission of online Application.||4th October 2017||Tuesday|
|3.||Last Date for request for change in the choice of Examination city.||16th November 2017||Wednesday|
|4.||Admit card availability online.||5th January 2018||Thursday|
|5.||GATE 2018 Online Examination
Forenoon: 9:00 am to 12: 00 Noon
Afternoon: 2:00 pm to 5:00 pm
(On Saturdays and Sundays only)
3rd February 2018
4th February 2018
10th February 2018
11th February 2018
Saturday & Sunday
|6.||Announcement of Results Online.||27th March 2018||Monday|
GATE 2018 Application Fees:
|Candidate Category||Application fees (Rs.)|
|Women candidates/SC/ST/PwD candidates||750/-|
|All other candidates||1500/-|
|GATE International candidates||USD 50|
The application fees is payable Online only.
Basic Features of GATE 2018:
- Examinations for all the 23 papers (disciplines) will be conducted by an Online Computer based test (CBT). A candidate can appear only in any one paper of the GATE examination. The online examination paper will contain some questions for which numerical answers must be keyed in by the candidate using the virtual keypad. Rest of the questions shall be Multiple Choice Question (MCQ) type. A virtual on-screen calculator shall be used during the examination.
- Biometric information (Photograph & Fingerprints) for randomly selected candidates may be captured before the start of the examination.
- GATE 2018 examination will be held during forenoon and afternoon sessions on weekends (Saturday & Sunday) on 4th, 5th, 11th and 12th February 2018. Examination for some of the papers in GATE 2018 will be held in multiple sessions. Exact details regarding complete examination schedule will be notified at a later date on the GATE website. The session timings at GATE International Centers as per their local time shall be notified well in advance.
- For GATE 2018 the entire process of filling up of an application form, uploading of certificates/documents etc. will be online and the IIT Delhi candidates should not send any hard copy of their application form/documents etc. to IITR or any of the IIT’s zonal GATE office.
- The payment of application fees would be through electronic mode; online as well as through payment at bank counters using e-challan.
- The admit cards for GATE 2018 would be available through the online process only. Candidates can download their admit card from GATE 2018 website. Candidates need to download and print admit cards from GATE website and NO oriented copy of admit cards shall be sent by post to the candidates.
Previous Year GATE Question Papers:
You can find the previous year GATE question papers by clicking here
In order to know how to prepare for the GATE 2018 examination and get more information about the course preparation, check out the different courses offered by UFaber providing a one stop solution to the students by providing a one of its kind and unique combination of Content + Video Lectures + Private Mentorship Programme + Test Series.