Following is the 2018 GATE Exam pattern:
GATE 2018 Exam pattern – Key points:
- Type of Questions:
– The exam contains Multiple Choice Questions and Numerical Answer Type Questions.
– The MCQs carry 1 or 2 marks across all sections of the paper.
– The Numerical Answer Type questions also carry either 1 or 2 marks at the most.
– These are termed as NAT questions since the answer is a real number which has to be entered with the help of a mouse or a visual keyboard by the candidate.
– The answer can be 3, 7 , 21, or a decimal number such as 2.1.
– There are no choices provided for such type of questions.
- Computer Science stream:
– This paper contains 65 questions in total which carry 100 marks.
– Engineering Mathematics (15 marks), General Aptitude (15 marks), and Subject-specific section (70 marks).
Topic-wise analysis of the 2018 GATE Computer Science Exam:
|Name of the PSU||Cost to the company (in INR)||Designation|
|Airport Authority India (AAI)||9.1 lakhs per annum||Junior Executive (Engineering Civil)|
|Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited (HPCL)||10.8 lakhs per annum||Officer|
|Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL)||12.00 lakhs per annum||Officer|
|Nuclear Power Corporation Ltd. (NPCL)||Monthly stipend - INR 35,000/-|
One time Book allowance - INR 10,000/-
|Scientific officer/C in Group 'A'|
|NLC India Limited (NLC)||9.05 - 9.65 lakhs per annum||Graduate Executive Trainee|
|Power Grid Corporation of India Limited (PGCIL)||During training - 8.6 lakhs per annum|
After training - 15 lakhs per annum
|Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited (ONGC)||Ranging from INR 24,400 to INR 50,500||Assistant Executive Engineer|
Detailed summary of the Computer Science (GATE 2018) Exam:
|Strength of Materials||8%|
The results for the 2018 GATE exam are available online since March 17th, 2018.