Meta: Gate is one prominent exam for the engineers and also its opens serval opportunities for the appearing aspirants
Excerpt: This article discusses how gate score is useful
Gate stands for Graduate Aptitude Test it is a national level engineering competition.
Who are eligible for Gate?
Bachelor’s degree holders in Engineering / Technology / Architecture (4 years after 10+2/ Post-B.Sc./ Post-Diploma) and those who are in the final year of such programs.
Syllabus of GATE
The syllabus of GATE varies from branch to branch keeping a few subjects like English and Engineering Math’s common for all.
How is Gate score useful?
The purpose of the Gate exam is to test students’ knowledge in their respective fields. The misconception and lack of knowledge lead to bizarre.
Here is a list of possibilities one can look after scoring good in Gate:-
- To pursue M.E./ M.Tech./ M.Sc. programs in any of the leading institutes in the country
- Master’s degree leads to specialization and cultivates and brings out best of your interest in a certain area which may lead to research / Ph.D.,
- More domain-specific companies recruit through campus recruitment in leading Institutes.
- Higher salaries are offered for a postgraduate student when compared to a graduate
- Master’s degree is a must for those wishing to apply for Faculty/Research positions in educational institutes and most of the R&D centers.
- Scholarship of Rs 8000/- is paid during masters course; so no dependency on parents for financial needs.
- GATE qualified candidates are also eligible for the award of Junior Research Fellowship in CSIR Laboratories and CSIR sponsored projects.
- More than 37 PSUs (Public Sector Undertakings-government organizations), like BARC, IOCL, etc. prescribe GATE qualification as a requirement.
- Based on the GATE score, some of the foreign university (Like NTU, Singapore) offers a Ph.D. position without any GRE score.
- Most importantly to get to be a part of any nationally reputed Educational Institute and enjoy learning and research in the conducive ambiance.
- One gets the intellectual satisfaction of working in the area of interest.
- Last but not least, the Master course changes the individual’s thought process; teaches us how to approach and solve a problem in a totally new & unknown environment.